What Makes Garnets the Perfect Gem for All Skin Tones?
Are you the type of person who is so fond of collecting different types of jewelries because you find them so attractive and fashionable? Then you should not forget about the garnet because of the fact that it is the most popular and most versatile jewelry of all time. What is great about this gemstone is that it does just not bring out the best in a woman but it also complements all skin tones as well.
But before you know the reason behind this, it is very important that you know what a garnet first. The word garnet is derived from the Latin word “granum” which means grain. This pertains to the usual round shape of garnet that also resembles the pomegranate seeds. This precious gem is known for its existence on earth for over a thousand years. In fact, it has been reported that the famous Bible character Noah used it in making a garnet to steer the Ark through the night’s darkness.
The garnet comes in different shades, hues and colors such as umbra-shades, fine earth, fiery orange, blue-green, blue, pale and bright yellow and green but the most prominent is the red one. The color change garnets are mostly spessartile and pyrope in composition. The following are some of the colorful members in the garnet family:Uvarovite— this is an emerald green type of garnet that strangely occurs in the gemstone quality.
- Tapazolite— this garnet comes with a yellow to lemon yellow color.
- Melanite— this garnet is an opaque black variation of andradite.
- Demantoid— this is considered the garnet that comes with the highest value due to its green to emerald green color.
- Andradite— this garnet comes with the colors yellow-brown, brown and black.
- Tsavorite— the color of this garnet is green to emerald green
- Leuco— this garnet is a colorless variation of grossularite
- Hessonite— this garnet is brownish-reddish
- Hydrogrossular—this is an opaque greenish variety of grossularite
- Grossularite—this garnet is brown, yellow, green or colorless.
- Spessartile—this is an orange to red-brown garnet.
- Almandite—this is a red garnet which comes with a violet tint
- Rhodolite—this garnet is purplish red or rose-color
- Pyrope—this garnet is brown in color with a brown tint.
So, why do some people believe that this is the perfect gemstones for all types of skin tones? If you would like to know the answer, continue reading.
Actually, the hardness of 7-7.5 on the Moh’s scale explains why the garnet is a great type of precious stone that can match any skin tone. So, whether you are black, white or yellow-skinned, you will never have problems wearing this kind of precious stone. These garnets are also very sturdy and resistant so, you can wear them everyday without having difficulty in working into jewelry.
The garnet is undoubtedly one of the best precious stones in the world because it has the capability to adapt to different skin tones. So, why get any color now?
Republished by Blog Post Promoter
Incoming search terms:
- carbuncle stone images
- ALL ABOUT THE GARNET
- carbuncle gem picture
- what is the best type of garnet
- what is the best gemstone for black skin
- what gemstone suits skin tone
- most expensive rhodolite of the world
- melanite stone
- grossularite prices
- garnet types